Sirens and Scales

Sirens and Scales
All Mermaids and Dragons Limited Edition Boxed Set

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Night Owl Reviewed "Something Wicked This Way Comes Volume 2"

The first review of Ellora's Cave newest anthology "Something Wicked This Way Comes Volume 2" is in!
This is what Chris at Night Owl Reviews had to say:

Score: 4.00 / 5 

Six stories all about the beginnings of relationships.  As to the title, to me it hinted more of the paranormal, but that wasn’t really why I read it.  Two of the authors are auto-buys for me, and I’m always excited to read a story from a new (to me) author.  I’ll list the order of the books as they appealed to me.
By far my favorite was Scarred and Kilt by Laurann Dohner.  This author could write a captivating grocery list in my opinion.  I’ve yet to read a bad story by this particular author.  Her males are always totally alpha, totally hot and the women they focus on totally lucky.  
Decadent Dance by Aubrey Ross was a different read that started in our world and ended up somewhere else.  The male character was an alien but oh so desirable.  This is a story I’ll be reading again.  
Jaid Black’s Italian love story called Fatman & Robyn was slow to start in the sex department but had plenty of chemistry and humor.  This couple fell in love before they fell into bed.  A change of pace from this author.  
Tinderbox by Regina Carlysle was a shifter tale that picks up in an established universe.  I enjoyed it, especially the two alpha shifters, immensely and will be looking up the author’s backlist accordingly.  
A touch of BDSM was explored in Sahara Heat by Diana Hunter.  Not hardcore, but a little rope and a slap and tickle.  A little ode to best friends know best.  
Earth’s mythology is explored in Asterion by Katalina Leon.  Otherworldly beings are the basis of the minotaur and the labyrinth as an unfortunate woman is sacrificed to appease a weak man’s desires.  But she has the last laugh.  A creative way to explain the evolution of how people interpret things.
As always, I loved reading all of the stories and while some hit my happy buttons more than others all were enjoyed.

2 comments: